What is it?
ISU CoE is a hub where the education of Coaches, Officials, training of talented Skaters, and various seminars, webinars and inspirational activities take place; it is where Skaters, Coaches and Officials have access to high-quality experts, services and sufficient on-and off-ice facilities.
During the pilot phase (2020-2021), there are 9 ISU CoEs:
Speed Skating Branch:
- The Netherlands/Thialf - Speed Skating and Short Track
- USA/Salt Lake City - Speed Skating and Short Track
- Canada/Calgary - Speed Skating and Short Track
Figure Skating Branch
- Germany/Oberstdorf - Single & Pair Skating, lce Dance
- Switzerland/Champéry - Single & Pair Skating
- Italy/Bergamo - Single & Pair Skating
- USA/Detroit - Single & Pair Skating, lce Dance, Synchronized Skating
- Thailand/Bangkok - Single & Pair Skating, lce Dance
In addition, an ISU CoE covering both Branches will be established in Beijing, China in view of the upcoming 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games and its legacy.
How can you apply?
In 2018 applications to become an ISU Center of Excellence were reviewed and, on the basis of their coaching expertise, activities, facilities and other factors. A new call for applications will be made in 2021.
Timing to be announced.
Where can you find more information?
Contact Laura Shi at email@example.com