Further to the decision of the 56th ISU Ordinary Congress 2016 in Dubrovnik (CRO) to introduce an ISU Athletes Commission and following the election of ISU Office Holders during the 57th ISU Ordinary Congress 2018 in Seville (ESP), the elections for the ISU Athletes Commission took place during the ISU World Championships of each discipline in 2019. We are pleased to publish the names of the elected candidates to the Athletes Commission, Chair and Vice Chair are still to be elected.
The ISU Athletes Commission, is composed of:
- Single and Pair Skating Athlete: Eric Radford (CAN)
- Speed Skating Athlete: Douwe De Vries (NED)
- Ice Dance Athlete: Yuri Hulitski (BLR)
- Synchronized Skating Athlete: Ida Hellström (FIN)
- Short Track Speed Skating Athlete: Zhou Yang (CHN)
These nominated athletes will be automatically elected to the Athletes Commission for the term lasting from the respective 2019 ISU World Championships to the respective 2023 ISU World Championships.
Based on the List of Nominees, the ISU Athletes Commission members for the following disciplines will be elected by their peers at the following ISU Championships:
- For the Speed Skating Athlete at the ISU World Single Distances Speed Skating Championships in Inzell, GER on February 7-10, 2019;
- For Single & Pair Skating Athlete at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Saitama, JPN on March 18-24, 2019;
- For the Synchronized Skating Athlete at the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships in Helsinki, FIN on April 12-13, 2019;
About the ISU Athletes Commission
The ISU Athletes Commission members are elected by secret ballot. All accredited Skaters at the respective ISU World Championships shall be entitled to cast one vote. The candidate with the highest number of votes obtained is elected. In case of a tie, new ballots will be distributed to all Skaters for a second round of election. The candidate with the highest number of votes obtained in the second ballot is elected.
For full details please refer to the ISU Constitution, Articles 21 and 36, as well as