Youth Olympic Games
- Alessia Tornaghi (ITA) Alessia Tornaghi (ITA)
- Chutong Zhang (CHN) Florence Brunelle (CAN) Petra Rusnakova (SVK) and Chanseo Kim (KOR) Chutong Zhang (CHN) Florence Brunelle (CAN) Petra Rusnakova (SVK) and Chanseo Kim (KOR)
- Kosei Hayashi (JPN) and Sean Yeo (MYS) Kosei Hayashi (JPN) and Sean Yeo (MYS)
- Nicky Rosanelli (ITA) Nicky Rosanelli (ITA)
- Womens Mass Start final Speed Skating Womens Mass Start final Speed Skating
- Yuma Kagiyama (JPN) Yuma Kagiyama (JPN)
- Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot (RUS) Ekaterina Borisova & Dmitry Sopot (RUS)
- Pair Skating Podium Pair Skating Podium
- Ji Woo Park (KOR) Ji Woo Park (KOR)
- Speed Skating Men 1500m Podium Speed Skating Men 1500m Podium
- Petra jaszapati (HUN) leads Jiyoo Kim (KOR) Petra jaszapati (HUN) leads Jiyoo Kim (KOR)
- Short Track Men 1000m Podium Short Track Men 1000m Podium
The Youth Olympic Games are an elite sporting event for young people from all over the world. An event distinct from other youth sports events, as they also integrate a unique Culture and Education Program (CEP), based around five main themes: Olympism, Social Responsibility, Skills Development, Expression and Well-being and Healthy Lifestyles.
The sports program is based on that of the Olympic Games. In addition, the program also includes new disciplines, formats, mixed gender and mixed National Olympic Committee (NOC) events.
Away from the field of play and through a variety of fun and interactive activities, workshops and team-building exercises, the CEP gives the participating athletes the opportunity to learn about the Olympic values, explore other cultures and develop the skills to become true ambassadors of their sport.
The Gangwon 2024 Youth Olympic Games will take place from January 19 to February 1 2024. Information regarding the competitions, results etc. is available on:
￭ Qualification Systems
￭ Related News
The ISU supported the North American International Adult Figure Skating Competition, which took place in Ottawa (CAN) on September 21 – 24, 2022.
Speed Skating is about time and times have gradually become faster in the long history of the sport. At times new developments initiated revolutionary jumps in record times. In a brief history of world records we discuss some defining moments, starting with the old age and the first revolution: artificial rinks.
Nikolaj Memola (ITA) and Pair Skaters Cayla Smith/Andy Deng (USA) became the first Skaters to seal spots in the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Dec. 8-11, 2022) with their win at the ISU Junior Grand Prix in Riga (LAT) (Sept. 7-10, 2022). ISU World Junior silver medallist Jia Shin (KOR) struck gold in the Women’s event while Darya Grimm/Michail Savitskiy (GER) topped the Ice Dance podium.
Speed Skating at top level is a balancing act in many ways. Relying on routine or trying something different is a dilemma once preparation for a new season gets underway. Switching from teams after for thirteen years, Jorrit Bergsma (NED) chose the latter. Antoinette de Jong (NED) did not change teams, but she had a change of routine too.
Figure Skating is the only Olympic sport that has such elaborate and diverse costumes. The costume is an important part of the performance to many and the designers work hard to make a costume beautiful, suitable for the Skater and the program plus comfortable so that it does not get into the way when athletes do quadruple jumps or acrobatic lifts.
￭ Social Media Hub