Now that the ISU Skating Awards votes are closed, three nominees in each category will be selected and officially announced on March 10, 2020.
The winners will be determined by a star-studded Jury and will be revealed and presented with their Award at the ISU Skating Awards on March 22, 2020.
ISU Skating Awards categories
There are seven Award categories:
- Most Valuable Skater: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating with their fan base, media attention and sponsor appreciation.
- Best Costume: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple whose costume reflects creativity, contemporary implementation, fashion, style and originality.
- Most Entertaining Program: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple whose program had the best music selection, expression, creativity, contemporary implementation, originality and overall performance.
- Best Newcomer: Honors a talented Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple competing very successfully in ISU Events on the Senior level for the first season.
- Best Choreographer: Honors the choreographic work of a Choreographer who successfully inspired one or several Single Skaters and/or Pairs and/or ice Dance Couples.
- Best Coach: Honors a Coach who delivered professional and efficient work and achieved outstanding results with one or several Single Skaters and/or Pairs and/or ice Dance Couples.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Honors a Figure Skating legend having achieved great success and popularity and is considered a role model in the Figure Skating World.
The ISU Skating Awards is a combination of the Exhibition Gala and an Awards show in honor of all those who participated in the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2020. In tradition with the Exhibition Gala format, the 2020 world medalists will perform an exhibition number that will be coupled with live musical acts and exciting production numbers that combine contemporary skating and dance. For the first time ever at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships cirque nouveau will also be on display during the show.
The ISU, Skate Canada and Art on Ice held a press conference on October 26, 2019 to unveil and explain the ISU Skating Awards. The full press conference is available on demand on the Skating ISU YouTube channel.
To receive the latest information on the #ISUSkatingAwards please subscribe to the ISU Newsletter here.