Are you a coach in speed skating and active as a club coach, skating school instructor or similar? And are you looking for a practical coaches’ education in an international setting to improve your own coaching skills and the quality of your trainings?
Coaches active in speed skating within clubs, skating schools or similar, working with beginner and advanced skaters and youth up till about 16 years old.
Coaches get equipped to become an independent trainer-coach. Examples of education themes: didactics, pedagogics, methods used for learning to skate, implementing fun components into lessons, basic training principles, positive coaching, safety on the ice, skating materials and muscular movement.
For this education, applying coaches will have to meet the following criteria
- Active in skating: at a skating school, club or similar organisation in Long track, short track, inline skating and/or roller derby
- Sufficient own long track speed skating ability: able to give good examples and inspire
- Ability to learn in English: speaking, reading and writing
- Motivated to learn together, disciplined to work with practical home assignments
- Ability to work with online educational materials: video, articles, online learning platform
- Minimum age at the start of the education: 18 years
- The student coach will need to arrange their own traveling, pay for accommodation and meals (this will be invoiced by the Finnish Speed Skating Association), but the education will be provided for free
Interested coaches who match the criteria mentioned above will have to send an email which includes a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of May 2019. After this, the organisation will contact all applicants personally for a short interview. Questions regarding this project can also be directed towards Carolien Hunneman. By applying for participation, a coach agrees to pay the fees mentioned above at ‘Dates, locations, fees’ which will be invoiced by the Finnish Speed Skating Association.
To read the full Announcement, please click on the links on the right.