The Event Coordinator Speed Skating is appointed by the ISU Council and will act with the primary focus to ensure the proper organization and conduct of the ISU Speed Skating Events (ISU Speed Skating Championships, ISU World Cup Speed Skating).
The Event Coordinator Speed Skating reports to the ISU Vice President Speed Skating.
On site of the ISU Events the Event Coordinator acts under the supervision of the assigned ISU Representative. He/she serves as liaison between the ISU Officials on duty, ISU technical staff/consultants, the Organizers, TV host broadcasters & right holders as well as sponsors.
Please also refer to Article 37, paragraph 4 of the ISU Constitution 2014 (www.isu.org – ISU Statutes, Constitution, Regulations & Technical Rules).
The candidates for this position
- must have extensive experience in the area of Speed Skating
- must possess practical, technical, inter-personal and professional skills and know-how to perform their tasks
- must be fluent in English
- must be detail oriented
- should be available to start their appointment as of October 2015
The Event Coordinator will
- be based in the country of his/her residence
- be available to travel extensively
- be remunerated according to his/her scope/extend/duration of activity
- during the period of appointment as Event Coordinator not hold any official position of responsibility within the ISU, ISU Member federations, clubs and/or public or private entities involved in ice skating activities and not work as a Coach.
Applications for the above-mentioned position may be sent latest by 17.00 hours on or before June 3, 2015 by e-mail to the ISU Director General, Mr. Fredi Schmid (email@example.com). For further information please call Mr. Fredi Schmid +41 (0) 21 612 66 66.